Uzhunu vada is a tasty South Indian snack and it is also served for breakfast. Idli vada is a common item in the breakfast menu.
Uzhunu vadaUzhunu vada is a tasty South Indian snack and it is also served for breakfast. Idli vada is a common item in the breakfast menu.Meenakshy Ramachandran
Black pepper balls(optional)
- Soak urad dal in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water off and grind urad dal, green chillies, red chillies, asafoetida and salt together in a grinder. It is advised not to add water during the grinding process and the final mixture should be fine and thick.
- Once the mixture is ready, add curry leaves to it. You may add pepper balls as well(optional)
- Prepare balls with the paste. Take the balls and flatten them on a plastic sheet(milk cover is commonly used)with holes in the centre.
- The hole is not mandatory. But if the vada is big in size, the hole aids faster and even cooking.
- Deep fry in oil till both sides till both sides turn golden brown in color. Drain the oil with a ladle with holes and serve hot with coconut chutney.