This is a variation to the usual recipe of fried rice by adding soya chunks cooked in spices to the rice, that makes the dish healthier and tastier.
Soya Chunks Fried RiceThis is a variation to the usual recipe of fried rice by adding soya chunks cooked in spices to the rice, that makes the dish healthier and tastier.Meenakshy Ramachandran
For Soya Masala Rice
Dry Ginger Powder
Ginger Garlic Paste
Red Chilli Powder
For Stir Fried Vegetables
Red Chili Powder
- Soak Soya Chunks in brine solution for 15 minutes. Soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a paste by grinding onion, tomato, green chilies, coriander leaves, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- In a pan, mix together the drained soya chunks and the above paste and stir well. Add ginger garlic paste, dry ginger powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt and mix well.
- To the above soya mixture, add drained rice and mix well.
- Pressure cook rice in 2 cups of water. Cook till three whistles are sounded.
- In the pan, stir fry grated carrots, chopped beans, green peas and green chilies along with salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder
- Add the pressure cooked rice to the above mixture and mix well.
- Finally, garnish with sauteed onions and coriander leaves.